The project team consisted of 12 experts:
- a Software Architect
- a Project Manager
- a Database Specialist
- a UX Designer
- 2 UI / Web Developers
- 6 .NET Developers
The project’s main challenge was the complexity behind this type of booking system, as it needed to enable the efficient management of bookings, tickets, emails, finances, hotels, transportation, extra products, pricelists, customers and much more.
The solution is made up of several components, which enable the tour operators to manage all of their departments and fully automate processes.
For a Marketing Manager the CMS system enables managing descriptions on all products sold, an integrated survey system ensuring an accurate feedback from customers, newsletter integration and automatic integration with portals such as Momondo, Travel Market, SkiSport or Facebook.
Top Management can perform simulations of sales and costs per departure, destination and much more. Dashboards are provided for quick overview and fast status checks for multiple goals.
Brand Managers can easily control prices, make price adjustments or generate special offers, control sales, view load factor for hotel beds and seats on plane. Actionable data like detailed profit, cost and sales statistics are also available and are shown in a dashboard overview and the user can also enable alerts related to these metrics.
The application leverages a Layered Architecture which provides loose coupling between layers and high reusability accomplished by using agile design principles and patterns. It was developed using some of the latest and powerful available technologies: ASP.NET AJAX, Knockout, jQuery, Web API, WCF, MS SQL Server, Entity Framework and Telerik Rad Controls
Integrated third-party services:
- TravelPort uAPI to provide reservation of commercial airlines seats
- AutoEurope API integration enables car rentals as part of a travel package
- Paxport, Radixx, DAT and AirBerlin services are used to automatically send passenger lists to airlines, airport and in-flight companies’ staff
- Twilio Api is used to provide SMS integration that enables customer notifications
- Gouda API and Europeiske API integration allows tour operators to sell travel insurances
- Google Charts and Google Visualization API are used to generate various reports
Client’s benefits from working with us:
- High quality and fast development
- Quick responses to support requests or new requirements
- Flexibility in planning